lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject boosting & StandardAnalyzer
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:20:50 GMT
Hi,

I notice something really strange.

I just tried the "document to query" thing with term frequencies and
term bosting based on the term frequence.
The code itself take may be 3 minutes, but i spend around 2 hours to
search a nullpointer exception i got in this line.

    query = QueryParser.parse(searchStringBuffer.toString(),
IFieldNames.INSTANCE_VALUE, new StandardAnalyser());

I figure out this happen until my search string contains. "will"^13
I replace the StandardAnalyzer with a own Implementation of the Analyzer
that just do nothing and now it works.
Look like the StandardAnalyser has problem until stop word removal, when
term bosting is used.

Is that a bug or just a mistake by myself?

Stefan

--
open technology:  www.media-style.com
open source:      www.weta-group.net