lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ambiese...@gmx.de
Subject Re: Summarization; sentence-level and document-level filters.
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:57:39 GMT
Hello Gregor and Maurits,

I am not quite sure what you want to do. I think you want to search the
normal text and present the summarized text on the screen where the user is able
to get the full text on request. Is this the case?

If this is the case, then you could create a set of summarized text from the
full text, crate another index for them and have an extra field in the text
which is not summarized. You could use this field to find the summarized
version of a full text and retrieve the full text from the summarized text in
order to present it to the user. In this case you would put your summarizer
before the analyser (in terms of workflow) which would perfectly fit into the
existing concept of Lucene.

I am not sure if I could catch your idea. Please educate me further if I
missunderstood something...

Cheers,
Ralf