lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Aurelio Joaniquet <aurelio7...@yahoo.es>
Subject Which fields originated a hit ?
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:12:45 GMT

Hi all !
Is there a way to know without running the analyzer
again which fields contain the matches against a given
query from the Hits object ?

The fact is that if the field is "stored" in the index
I can get easily their contexts but I'm obliged to
tokenize again its contents to know if there is a
match...because there's no method on Document to get
the tokenized fields contents.

The goal of all this is to sort the results depending
in which fields I obtain matches. If the hits results
are thousands, tokenizing again can be very slow.

First I tried boosting the results but still I don't
get the expected results, even when the boosts are
very diferent (for example I tried one field with
boost of 10000 and the other 1000). Then I switched to
a more conservative sorting algorithm (and slower).

Thanks for this great software !

Aurelio