lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tun Lin" <>
Subject RE: Web Lucene Question.
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:46:38 GMT
I am using the beta version.

When I typed the command:
ant -version

I have the following:
Apache Ant version 1.6beta3 compiled on December 5 2003

I am downloading the previous to be if there is improvements?

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher []
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 12:42 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Web Lucene Question.

On Saturday, December 13, 2003, at 11:20  AM, Tun Lin wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried to type the following at Windows command line at
> weblucene
> directory:
> ant build
> Everything seems to work fine except the following error:

Everything works fine but it fails miserably?!  :)

> java.lang.InstantiationException:

This says Ant did not even launch.  I'm not sure which "weblucene" you mean here
- the built-in demo?

My guess is your Ant installation has issues.  What does "ant -version"
tell you?  How about "ant -diagnostics"?  And finally "ant -projecthelp

	Erik - aka Mr. Ant

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: