lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Galea" <>
Subject write.lock
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:48:10 GMT

I am starting to get an error about a write.lock in lucene when creating an index in an empty
directory. It used to work fine before but now it started to occur and as far as I know I
didn't touch anything. Printing out the stack trace from the excpetion thrown I get the following
: couldn't delete write.lock
        at Source)
        at Source)
        at Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at qa.answerextraction.AnswerExtractionImpl.processDocument(Unknown Source)
        at qa.answerextraction.AnswerExtractionServerPOA._invoke(Unknown Source)        at
org.jacorb.poa.RequestProcessor.invokeOperation(Unknown Source)
        at org.jacorb.poa.RequestProcessor.process(Unknown Source)
        at Source)

The code creating this problem is:

                IndexWriter writer;

                try {
                    writer = new IndexWriter(indexLocation, sa,false);
                } catch ( e) {
                    writer = new IndexWriter(indexLocation, sa,true);

This problem only happens when indexing the very first file. After that it works fine. All
that seems it needs in the directory is a "segments" file.

Could anyone explain to me the problem or what I am doing wrong in it?

Sent through the WebMail system at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message