lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jt oob <>
Subject Re: Testing for Optimization
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:41:44 GMT
 --- Dror Matalon <> wrote: > I believe that indexes
that are optimized have only one segment. So
> in
> theory you could check and see that you only have one file with a
> ".fdt", ".fdx", etc.

If run `cat/index_dir/segements` on an optimized index there is only
only string in there. It matches up with prefix of files in the index

If i run the same on an un-optimized index dir then i get back several

There are more files in the optimized index dir than just the ones with
the prefix listed in the segments file.
Have i corrupted my indexes?
Can I safely delete those files which do not have the prefix listed in
the segments file?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message