lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dror Matalon <d...@zapatec.com>
Subject Re: NPE when using explain
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 17:36:44 GMT
On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 04:41:33AM -0500, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 3, 2003, at 08:51  PM, Dror Matalon wrote:
> >    Hits hits = initSearch(queryString);

No, it doesn't. Here's the code. Also, as I mentioned, if I take the
explain out and just do a search it works fine.

 private Hits initSearch(String queryString) throws IOException,
 ParseException {

	 searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexName);
	 getFieldInfo();

	 BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(System.in));

	 MultiFieldQueryParser parser = new MultiFieldQueryParser(queryString, analyzer);

	 int arraySize = fields.size();
	 fieldsArray = new String[arraySize];
	 for (int ii = 0; ii < arraySize;
			 ii++) {
		 fieldsArray[ii] = (String)
			 fields.get(ii);
	 }
	 query = parser.parse(queryString, fieldsArray, analyzer);
	 System.out.println("Searching
			 for: " +
			 query.toString());
	 Hits hits =
		 searcher.search(query);
	 return
		 (hits);

 }

> Does initSearch close the IndexSearcher?

Dror Matalon
Zapatec Inc
1700 MLK Way
Berkeley, CA 94709