lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dror Matalon <d...@zapatec.com>
Subject Re: disable locks on read only indexes (performance improvement?)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:52:50 GMT
Let us know what you find out. I would guess that the gains are not
going to be that spectacular. Creating and deleting files should be
"cheap" operations in a modern OS. Mainly when you compare these to the
costs of openning a new index and populating various caches.
But let us know what you find.

Regards,

Dror

--