lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pleasant, Tracy" <tracy.pleas...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: Returning one result
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:14:08 GMT
What do you mean 'add' in MultiFieldQueryParser?  I am using all the
fields

When I index it does

 add (Field.Keyword(..,..))

But I don't want the user to have to type ID:<ID NUMBER> It would be
nice to just type ID Number. On your site if you just put: 11183 in the
search box there are no results.

well, right now I'll just do it as text and query that field for the id
# to display the document.  It can't hurt, right? :)  Unless the Keyword
is a better way

-----Original Message-----
From: Dror Matalon [mailto:dror@zapatec.com]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 3:06 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Returning one result

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 02:45:34PM -0500, Pleasant, Tracy wrote:
> Maybe we are having some communication issues.
>
> At any rate, I did index it as a KEYWORD and when displaying used the
> TermQuery.
>
> The only problem with this though is by storing the ID (i.e. AR345) as
> Keyword, if I search for AR345 no results are returned when I use the
> MultiFieldQueryParser .
>
> *sigh* *arg*

OK.

Go to http://www.fastbuzz.com/search/index.jsp and type "lucene" without
the quotes  and hit search. You get results from different channels/rss
feeds.

Now type "lucene channel:11183" without the quotes and hit search. You
get results only from Java-Channel.

We're inserting the field channel as a keyword, and it does what I
understand you want to use AR345.

I would guess that in MultiFieldQueryParser you are not doing an add()
of the field for AR345 which is why the search fails.

Regards,

Dror

Dror Matalon
Zapatec Inc