lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Range Query
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:12:41 GMT
On Friday, December 5, 2003, at 06:54  AM, Ramrakhiani, Vikas wrote:
> Hi,
> When I do range query like id:[0* to 9*] the result set exclude
> documents
> having id 0, 90 ... i.e boundary values are excluded.
> Is it expected or am I going wrong some where.

It is expected.  You're thinking that wildcards work on range queries.
They do not.  You are literally starting the range at "0*", which is
greater than "0" lexicograhically.  If you are doing number ranges,
though, you probably want to do some padding with leading zeros so all
numbers have the same string size.

	Erik