lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ernesto De Santis" <ernesto.desan...@colaborativa.net>
Subject Re: syntax of queries.
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 22:42:46 GMT
Erik, Thanks!

The article is very good. thanks.

I have news questions:

 - apiQuery.add(new TermQuery(new Term("contents", "dot")), false, true);

new Term("contents", "dot")

The Term class, work for only one word?
this is right?
new Term("contents", "dot java")
for search for dor OR java in contents.

My problem is that the user, entry a phrase, and i search for any word in a
phrase. No the entire phrase.
I need parse de string?, take word for word and add a TermQuery for each
word?

Bye, Ernesto.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <erik@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 4:07 AM
Subject: Re: syntax of queries.

Try out the toString("fieldName") trick on your Query instances and
pair them up with what you have below - this will be quite insightful
for the issue - i promise!  :)

Look at my QueryParser article and search for "toString" on that page:
<http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2003/11/07/QueryParserRules.html>