lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shannon March" <sma...@certifyonline.com>
Subject Has anyone tried to implement a counter?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:30:09 GMT
Hi

Has anyone tried to implement a counter using Lucene.

We currently have a search implemented, searching multiple indexes and
returning the results in a Vector of hits objects.  In order to get our
total number of hits for a count of the total results we are cycling
through our vector, and for each of the hits objects we are using the
length() method to get a total.

However the total number we receive is not accurate.  For example in a
search which returns 52 results, we are getting approx 55 or 56 results.
For searches with higher results, the size of the error increases, but
it would not be double for the a search with approx 100 results.

Does anyone have any ideas?  We're using Lucene 1.3.

Thanks for your help;

Shannon