lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: New Lucene-powered Website
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:32:34 GMT
Lutz Horn wrote:

> Could you please tell us how large the ammount of indexed documents is?

Not very large, but growing daily ;-)

At this point 289 German and 272 English documents (some are not
translated yet). There are many more files on our website, but only
these were deemed to contain useful content for the search engine. For
example our homepage, sitemap and password-protected pages are not
indexed at all.

The Indexer takes 79 seconds for a full index run on the production
machine and 36 seconds on the dev machine (identical hardware, but no
load). We don't bother with incremental indexing, Lucene is pretty fast :)

Ulrich