lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: The best way forward
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 12:16:30 GMT

On Nov 04, 2003, at 13:04, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

>> Eventually i am going to try to implement something similar to google
>> groups, indexing lots of NNTP traffic. Has anyone done this before
>> with lucune?
>
> Not that I know, but people have used Lucene to index their email,
> which is somewhat similar.

Very similar indeed :)

Perhaps you should take a look at ZOE:

http://zoe.nu/

It uses Lucene quiet extensively to index emails type of things.

NNTP support could be a stone throw away as you would only need to
plugin the appropriate JavaMail's Store to handle NNTP specifics.

On the other hand, I doubt that anyone has tried to index anything on
the scale of Google's data set... NNTP or not :)

Cheers,

PA.