lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: inter-term correlation [was Re: Vector Space Model in Lucene?]
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:52:20 GMT
On Friday, November 14, 2003, at 01:13  PM, Chong, Herb wrote:
> if you didn't have to change the index then you haven't got all the
> factors needed to do it well. terms can't cross sentence boundaries
> and the index doesn't store sentence boundaries.

You mean if you have text like this: "Hello Herb.  Have a nice day!",
you want to prevent phrase queries for "herb have"?  You could prevent
sentence boundary crossing with clever use of the token position I
suspect.  Would that accomplish what you're after?

Could you give a really dumbed down simple example of what you mean by
inter-term correlation?

	Erik