lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: crash in Lucene
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:17:04 GMT
On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 08:38  AM, Chong, Herb wrote:
> i'm running in a single thread. the demo app is pretty vague on things
> and expects me to read the detailed documentation. not what i like in
> a sample application where someone is supposed to learn from it.
> taking the close() call out of the loop to index multiple directories
> fixed the problem.

Yes, the demo app is not compelling and definitely needs work.  It is
my hope to get a chance to write a much slicker demo suite as part of
our book project and of course contribute it back into Lucene's own
codebase and distributions.  A couple of months ago I solicited input
from this list on what everyone wanted to have in a demo application
and I saved those replies.  If there were only more hours in a day.....
  :)

	Erik