lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject moving documents from one index to another?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:09:40 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to move a Document from one Index to another, without
necessarily reindexing it...

The Document is composed of one Field.Keyword and a bunch of
Field.UnStored.

Reading such a Document from one index and then adding it to another
one doesn't seems to have the expected effect though.

Assuming that 'aReader' and 'aWriter' works on different indices:

aDocument = aReader.document( index );

aWriter.addDocument( aDocument );

The Document added to the second index doesn't seem to preserve its
informations...

What gives? Should I do that at a lower level? Does it make sense in
the first place to try to move a "raw" Lucene's Document between
indices?

TIA.

Cheers,

PA.