lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Dates and others
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 04:40:43 GMT
On Sunday, November 23, 2003, at 03:33  PM, Dion Almaer wrote:
> This leads me to another issue actually.  On certain range queries I
> get exceptions:
> Query: modifieddate:[1/1/03 TO 12/31/03]

I'm guessing you're using Field.Keyword(String, Date) for modifieddate?
  The date field stuff in Lucene is really a timestamp, and doing a
range query enumerates all the terms for that field in that ranging
making a big ol' boolean OR query of all the individual ones.  Since
you want this to be just a date, use Field.Keyword(String, "YYYYMMDD")
instead.  But.... you'll want to subclass QueryParser and override
getRangeQuery to do the right date format parsing from "MM/DD/YYYY"
into "YYYYMMDD" rather than the internal Date representation Lucene
uses for "date" fields.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message