lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dan Quaroni <dquar...@OPENRATINGS.com>
Subject RE: Contributing to Lucene (was RE: inter-term correlation [was R e: Vector Space Model in Lucene?])
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:47:30 GMT
My only concern with this being integrated into lucene is that it be done in
a way that doesn't make its use mandatory.  Lucene is powerful enough that
it can be used for a lot of cases where NLP doesn't make any sense.  For
example, I think that sentence boundaries would severely screw up the
project I recently did using lucene because there are no sentences, but
there is punctuation.