lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ambiese...@gmx.de
Subject Re: Collaborative Filtering API
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:18:29 GMT
Hello Mike,

I had a quick look over the javadoc and it looks promising, as you said. Did
Jon Herlocker worked on GroupLens? I know GroupLens was quite a pioneer work
in the early days of collaborative systems...

Cheers
Ralph

> You should check out the work of Jon Herlocker at Oregon State
> (http://eecs.oregonstate.edu/iis/).  They have written a CF engine that
> has
> been on my to-do list to check out for a few months (sounds good on
> "paper").  If you get the chance to play with it, I'd be curious to hear
> your feedback.  Having a CF engine in the open source domain would be a
> great thing.
>
> -Mike
>
> At 10:49 AM 11/25/2003, you wrote:
> >Hello togehter,
> >
> >I am asking this group because I think people here might know about this
> >since it is a similar approach.
> >
> >Is there a Java based API which assist developers of collaborative
> filtering
> >in their programs. With this I mean software, which does use user ratings
> >between items and provide ways (algorithsm, methods) to find users with
> >similar
> >interests for prediction generation. Finding a API like Lucene would be
> >dream for me but any pointer to other API's (also in other programming
> >lanuages)
> >to see and learn from would be appreciated.
> >
> >Kind Regards

GMX Weihnachts-Special: Seychellen-Traumreise zu gewinnen!

Rentier entlaufen. Finden Sie Rudolph! Als Belohnung winken
tolle Preise. http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail/