lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: QueryParser Rules article (Erik Hatcher)
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:47:27 GMT
On Wednesday, November 12, 2003, at 11:52  PM, Tomcat Programmer wrote:
> When using the QueryParser class, the parse method
> will throw a TokenMgrError when there is a syntax
> error even as simple as a missing quote at the end of
> a phrase query. According to the javadoc, you should
> never see this class derived from Error being thrown
> (oops?)

After looking at it some more, I decided that only ParseException
should come out of either of the parse methods and committed the
change.  I'm not sure why TokenMgrError was ever publicly exposed from
the instance parse method.  If there is a good reason we can change it
back, but I don't see any reason.

	Erik