lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tun Lin" <chen...@singnet.com.sg>
Subject RE: Lucene refresh index function (incremental indexing).
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:49:19 GMT
Hi,

I delete the old ones and add them again manually. But how do I reindex the
documents automatically without doing it manually?

Please advise.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dror Matalon [mailto:dror@zapatec.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 4:44 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Lucene refresh index function (incremental indexing).

Hi,

It's not clear what you mean when you say "refresh indexes"  or "re-compiling."
If you're adding new documents just use the add() method. If you are replacing
documents, you need to first delete the old ones and then add them again. Look
at the mailing list archive for this, since it's been discussed several times.

--
Dror Matalon
Zapatec Inc