lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jt oob <jt2...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Document ID's and duplicates
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:42:40 GMT
Hi folks,

I've got a feeling the answer to this has either been posted on here
recently, or is on the site somewhere - but i can't find it. Apologies
if i'm going over old ground.

What is the best way force documents to be only indexed once?

Is it a case of having a field with a unique value for the document and
searching the index for that field before adding?

If that is the way to do it, would it be a good idea to add an
additional field type which would take care of this behind the scenes?
Many people move to lucene after discovering the downfalls of text
searching in Databases (like me), and would love a "primary key" type
field.

Regards,
jt