lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Contributing to Lucene (was RE: inter-term correlation [was Re: Vector Space Model in Lucene?])
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:45:19 GMT
Hello Herb,

I don't approve of several teasing, mean, etc. emails I saw from a few
people.  This is a serious and polite email. :)

It sounds like you know about NLP and see places where Lucene could be
improved.  Lucene is open source and free, and could benefit from
knowledgeable people like you.  Are you interested in contributing some
computational linguistics smarts, either as improvement of Lucene core
(if improvements are such that they don't make Lucene use more
difficult and its code significantly more complex and harder to
maintain), or as an add-on module, or some kind of an extension, or
even just as application built on top of Lucene, all of which could and
would live outside of Lucene's core?

Otis