lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tomcat Programmer <tcprogram...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Two possible solutions on Parallel Searching
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:01:26 GMT

I saw an article from IBM somewhere, talking about how
you go about giving options to the JVM to use all the
non-reserved memory segments (on AIX which has
segmented memory) and this would allow more than a 2GB
heap.  The point of that statement is that it sounds
like IBM's JVM can do it. I'm not sure if they charge
for their JVM or not...

-Tom