lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dror Matalon <d...@zapatec.com>
Subject Re: The best way forward
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:56:53 GMT
Hi JT,

Are you the same person that posted earlier about the server with
16Gig RAM?

Also, what is the project that you're looking at? Are you really looking
at creating a google news type of service?

Are you already running a news server?

As far as parsing headers, I would guess that the javamail api should
work since news and email headers are very similar. I'm not really
too worried about that part.

The main challenge as I see it, is to fetch the items, store them, and
then index them with Lucene.

Regards,

Dror

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:07:13PM +0000, jt oob wrote:
>  --- Dror Matalon <dror@zapatec.com> wrote: > Hi,
>
> > Are you interested in comparing notes, or possibly pooling resources?
>
> Dror,
>
> I'd certainly be interested in both those things although I warn you
> that my notes are fairly sparse at the moment!
>
> One of the early things I have been looking to identify are any
> existing NNTP parsers. I would like to index selected header fields
> along with the header and body.
>
> I percieve users wanting to do searches in specific header fields, the
> entire header, the body, and across the whole document.
>
> Regards,
>
> jt

Dror Matalon
Zapatec Inc