lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Caroline Jen <jiapei_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Rephrase My Question - How To Search Database With More Than One Pair of Property/Value as Parameters Using Lucene?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 03:26:49 GMT
Thank you for your reply.  I am afraid that I was not
clear enough about what I have been doing.

All the articles in the database can be searched by
either author; or title; or content; or id; or
category.

If visitor of the web site selects to search by author
(then, "author" is highlighted in the drop-down list),
the visitor must fill out the name of the author in
the text field.  As such, author and the name of the
author is a property/value pair.  "author" corresponds
to property, and the name of the author provided
corresponds to value.  This part of the search is
OKay.  I have handled it.

My problem is that there is one more dimension
involed.  The propery of this additional dimension is
"category" and the value of this dimension is supplied
by the application developer; for example, HISTORY.

My question is how to search articles by author (or
title) with his/her name (or the title of the article)
provide within the field name in the database that is
"category" and its value is HISTORY?

How do I use analyser(), getHits(), getQuery() in
Lucene in this kind of situation?  It is really the
first time I use Lucene.

Thanks a lot in advance.

-Caroline