lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pleasant, Tracy" <tracy.pleas...@lmco.com>
Subject Search Question - not returning desired results
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:11:23 GMT

The documents I have index contain information regarding file names also.

For instance 'return_results.pl' or something like that may be in the document fields.

I am not understanding Lucene's way of searching:

1. If I search for 'return_results', the search does not return anything
2. If I search for 'results' or 'return', the search does not return anything
3. If I search for 'results.pl', the search does return the document containg 'return_results.pl'

4. If I search for 'results~', the search does return the document containg 'return_results.pl'

5. If I search for 'return_results~', the search does not return anything

What is going on?

I want it to return the document in all of the situations.

I also don't want to have to use '~' all the time.