lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pleasant, Tracy" <tracy.pleas...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: Lucene refresh index function (incremental indexing).
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:42:04 GMT
I was able to get PDFBox to work with my JSP webpages.

I think you will have to in a way write your own code to do the PDF
files (while still calling the Lucene functions)

         doc = LucenePDFDocument.getDocument(file);

-----Original Message-----
From: Tun Lin [mailto:chentun@singnet.com.sg]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 11:07 PM
To: 'Lucene Users List'
Subject: RE: Lucene refresh index function (incremental indexing).

Does it support indexing the contents of pdf files? I have found one
project
called PDFBox that can be integrated with Lucene to search inside of the
pdf
files. Currently, Lucene can only search for the pdf filename. I tried
with
PDFBox and I got the following message when I typed the command: java
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index c:\\index ..

(org.pdfbox.pdfparser.PDFParse
r).

Can anyone advise?