lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From ambiese...@gmx.de
Subject Overview to Lucene
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:06:09 GMT
Hello group,

can somebody give me an overview to Lucene? What high level components does
it include? Particularly I want to asnwer the following questions regarding
available functionalty:

1) Does Lucene provide a Vector Space IR Model (with TF/IDF and Cosine
Similarity)?
2) Does Lucene provide any collaborative filtering algoritms like
correlation / user ranking etc. ?
3) Does Lucene provide a Probabilistic Model?
4) Does Lucene provide anything for indexing XML documents and using XML
document structure for that? Or does it just work on flat text files?

Does anybody know good articles which demonstrate parts of that or give a
good start into Lucene?

Thanks,
Ralf