lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Victor Hadianto" <vic...@hadianto.net>
Subject Re: One access at a time ?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 09:29:07 GMT
>     I'm building a web application that uses lucene, the problem I'm
> facing is that only one user may write to the index each time, and I
> simply can't imagine a way to deal with this. Anyone ever did something
> like this ? Should I write a non-web app to add documents to the index ?

Yes recently I have to do something like this. The central idea is having a
singleton and synchronise the access to the index.

Or you can create a JMS queue to post your index changes and have a single
consumer of the queue that writes the Lucene index. This works quite well
with my previous work.

/victor