lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: which lock belong to which index?
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2003 04:34:41 GMT
The CHANGES.txt file says this about the issue:

  2. Changed file locking to place lock files in
     System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir"), where all users are
     permitted to write files.  This way folks can open and correctly
     lock indexes which are read-only to them.

I haven't thought through the implications of all this yet, just
thought this might shed slightly more light on it.

	Erik