lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Best practice
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:26:01 GMT
On Tuesday, October 28, 2003, at 11:03  AM, William W wrote:
> I'm using Lucene more than one year in our project. Lucene gave us the
> flexibility that we need ( - the like %something  syntax :).
> But... I would like to know if we are doing everything in the best way
> (nothing in particular).

Could you describe your architecture to us and let the lucene-user
community critique it based on the collective best practices?

Lucene is such a generically useful little gem that I think its quite
difficult to pin down a set of best practices that are generally
applicable.  It really all depends on what are you doing with it.

A collection of case studies really seems to be the most useful to
study, and pull out what is useful as it relates to your environment.
I am *keenly* interested in collecting such case studies.  If you've
built something useful around Lucene and care to share, let's hear it.
If you want to have your case studies published in a more formal manner
than within lucene-user archives, contact me off the list and let me
know what you're up to with Lucene and you may just .....

> Why don't you write a book about Lucene ? : )

.... no comment. ;)

	Erik