lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Giles <mgi...@visionstudio.com>
Subject Re: Dash Confusion in QueryParser - Bug? Feature?
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:24:44 GMT
So how do we move this issue forward.  I can't think of a single case where
a "-" with no whitespace on either side (i.e. t-shirt, Wal-Mart) should be
interpreted as a NOT command.  Is there a feeling that changing the
interpretation of such cases is a break in compatibility?  I agree that it
will change behavior, but I think that it will change it for the better
(i.e. fix it).  The current behavior is really broken (and very frustrating
for a user trying to search).

-Mike