lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael Giles <mgi...@visionstudio.com>
Subject Re: Dash Confusion in QueryParser - Bug? Feature?
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:44:56 GMT
He is probably using the StandardAnalyzer.  I was about to write the exact
same email (but using Wal-Mart as an example on this page -
http://www.benchmark.com/cgi-bin/suid/~bcmlp/newsletter.cgi?mode=show&year=2003&date=2003-10-07).

I index and search with the same analyzer (Standard), but when I search for
Wal-Mart, I don't find a match.  I DO find a match if I search for
"Wal-Mart" or Wal Mart (no hyphen).  This seems like a bug.

-Mike