lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wilton, Reece" <Reece.Wil...@dig.com>
Subject RE: Exact Match
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:30:44 GMT
Yes, that's what I'm doing.  Just wanted to see what other ideas where
out there.

-----Original Message-----
From: Otis Gospodnetic [mailto:otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:12 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Exact Match

There is no direct support for that.  However, if one of your documents
contains _only_: "brown fox", won't a search for "brown fox" give that
document the highest score, as it is the closest match, allowing you to
just pop the first hit?  It's no guarantee that the first hit is the
exact match (what if there are no exact matches in the index), but
that's a simple check to perform in your application.

Otis