lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gerhard Schwarz <gerhard.schw...@fpg.de>
Subject Re: GermanAnalyzer.java GermanStemmer.java
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:29:50 GMT
Hello,

Otis Gospodnetic schrieb:
> If not the author, maybe some users of this code can tell us how this
> uppercase/lowercase business should work.

Lowercasefilter before Stopfilter would be fine. The only reason not to
do so was a semantic issue. But that issue is not important for the use
with Lucene. The stemmer was written for an application I use, for the
use with lucene (for normal fulltext inquiry at all) I can be simpler.

> And the issue even includes patches.  I don't use the German* stuff, so
> I'm afraid of applying it and breaking things for people who do use
> German* classes as they are currently.

After months of work I now have spare time.
The patch I promised months ago comes by next week. (No promise this
time, or tomorrow something bad will happen in my office...)

I hope that the updated stemmer will fully work with existing indices.

Gerhard (back on Java development)