lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: which lock belong to which index?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:42:12 GMT
Hi Otis,

On Thursday, Oct 2, 2003, at 13:56 Europe/Amsterdam, Otis Gospodnetic
wrote:

> I cannot remember the answer I got, but I asked the same question after
> the code was changed to put locks in java.io.tmpdir.
> Because I have an application that deals with a lot of indices
> simultaneously, I felt like this will make things more difficult in
> cases where you have stale locks, etc.
> Try the archive, though, as I seem to recall that somebody, Doug or
> Scott gave me the answer.

I see... I'm sure I could get to the lock name and scan the tmp
directory for a match... but why such complication in the first place?
The only thing I can think of is for application running on read-only
media... but in such a case there is no need to a lock in the first
place...

Cheers,

PA. Very confused.