lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Haruska" <jharu...@UpToDate.com>
Subject RE: Seting boost fsactor for keywords in one field
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:49:38 GMT
Another way to get the results you want it to store "ViewPriority" in
the index. Before you return the results to the user, sort the list by
this field outside of lucene.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dragan Jotanovic [mailto:Dragan.Jotanovic@diosphere.com]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 10:44 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Seting boost fsactor for keywords in one field

>I do have one question. If you know the order of >documents to be
>retrieved, why use Lucene? Why not just display the >results to the
user
>in your hand picked order?

I need a very fast search engine because I am working with thousends of
images. Lucine is providing me with that.

Does somebody know how to set boost for document during indexing time?
It
seams that it is not working with document.setBoost().  I suppose that I
should switch off Lucenes scorer to get results sorted by my boost
criteria.
Does somebody know how to do this.