lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: The best way forward
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:23:18 GMT
Wow, with 16GB RAM, I would definitely load the index into RAM.  You
can use RAMDirectory(Directory) constructor for that.

As for RAMDrives..... I have no experience with those, but I have heard
of some people using ramfs under Linux.  Ramfs is a memory based
filesystem. Mount it and you have  it.  Unmount it and it is gone.

Otis