lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dror Matalon <d...@zapatec.com>
Subject Multiple writers
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:58:49 GMT
Hi folks,

We're in the process of adding search to our online RSS aggregator. You
can see it in action at www.fastbuzz.com.

Currently we have more than five million items in the systems and it's
growing at the rate of more than 100,00 a day.  So we need to take into
account is that the index is constantly growing.

One of the things we want to build into the system is the ability to
rebuild the index on the fly while still inserting the items that are
coming in.

We've looked at having things go into different directories and then
merge them, but it seems complicated and we'd need to worry about race
conditions and locking issues.

Anyone's done this before? Any suggestions?

Regards,

Dror

--
Dror Matalon