lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <t...@hypermall.net>
Subject Re: Hierarchical document
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 02:50:04 GMT
On Monday 20 October 2003 16:41, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> One more thought related to this subject - once a nice scheme for
> representing hierarchies within a Lucene index emerges, having XPath as
> a query language would rock!  Has anyone implemented O/R or XPath-like
> query expressions on top of Lucene?

Not me... but at some point I think I briefly mentioned that someone with
extra time might want to do a very simple JDBC driver to be used with
Lucene. Obviously it would be very minimal for queries (and might need
to invent new SQL operators for some searches), but it could also expose
metadata about index. Should be an interesting exercise at least. :-)
Plus, if done properly, tools like DBVis could be used for simple Lucene
testing as well.

If so, who knows; perhaps that would make it even easier to do prototype
implementations of Lucene replacing home-grown SQL-bound search
functionalities of apps.

Most of all above would just be a nice little hack, though. :-)

-+ Tatu +-