lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: A strange Error--IllegalAccessError: tried to access field org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.reader
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:36:56 GMT
Please note that the class that caused the error,
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexOrderSearcher, is not really a Lucene
class.  You got that class from http://sf.net/projects/weblucene, most
likely.

Otis

--- lhelper <lvkrnewer@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I get a strange problem with my web application recentlly. The webapp
> runs under:
>   resin-2.1.10
>   j2sdk1.4.2_01
>   redhat linux 2.4.20
>
> I use a subclass of IndexSearcher, IndexOrderSearcher, search the
> index, and output the result use a servlet. The webapp works fine the
> most time, but, about half a month ago, I got the following error
> when I restart resin:
>
> 500 Servlet Exception
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field
> org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.reader
> from class org.apache.lucene.search.IndexOrderSearcher
>  at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexOrderSearcher.search(Unknown
> Source)
>  at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:90)
>  at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java:80)
>  at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:71)
>  at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:65)
>  at

com.chedong.weblucene.search.DOMSearcher.searchWebLuceneResultSet(Unknown
> Source)
>  at com.chedong.weblucene.search.DOMSearcher.search(Unknown Source)
>  at com.chedong.weblucene.WebLuceneServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:126)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)
>  at

com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.java:96)
>  at com.caucho.http.filter.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:127)
>  at

com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainFilter.doFilter(FilterChainFilter.java:88)
>  at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:315)
>  at

com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)
>  at

com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleRequest(RunnerRequest.java:344)
>  at

com.caucho.server.http.RunnerRequest.handleConnection(RunnerRequest.java:274)