lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rociel Buico <buics...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Too Many Open Files
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 01:52:08 GMT
try to check your codes if you are openning a file, close it after using.

--buics

"Wilton, Reece" <Reece.Wilton@dig.com> wrote:
Hi,

The index directory that Lucene created has 2,322 files in it. When I
try to open it I get the dreaded "Too Many Open Files" problem:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Index\_1lvq.f107 (Too many open
files)

The index has about 50,000 docs in it. It was created with a merge
factor of 5,000. Is there a way that I can reduce the number of files
or increase the number of files that windows can open?

Any help is appreciated!
Reece