lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Giulio Cesare Solaroli <slrg...@ibn-italy.com>
Subject Re: Indexing and searching in parallel
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:40:14 GMT
Hi.

We have no problem at all searching while indexing or optimizing.

The only problem we had was on the IndexReader; the reader has
visibility only on the documents available on the index when it is
first loaded. Thus you have to define a policy to drop and recreate the
reader periodically.
This because I think (if I have understood it well) Lucene handles the
duplication of the index on its own, if there are active readers while
it update and index.

Hope this helps.

Giulio Cesare Solaroli