lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dragan Jotanovic" <Dragan.Jotano...@diosphere.com>
Subject Re: Seting boost fsactor for keywords in one field
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:43:50 GMT
>I do have one question. If you know the order of >documents to be
>retrieved, why use Lucene? Why not just display the >results to the user
>in your hand picked order?

I need a very fast search engine because I am working with thousends of
images. Lucine is providing me with that.

Does somebody know how to set boost for document during indexing time? It
seams that it is not working with document.setBoost().  I suppose that I
should switch off Lucenes scorer to get results sorted by my boost criteria.
Does somebody know how to do this.