lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dragan Jotanovic" <Dragan.Jotano...@diosphere.com>
Subject Seting boost fsactor for keywords in one field
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:48:22 GMT
I have an index with data about images (those data are obtained from database). In Document
among other fields I have one field that I use for sorting. That field could take 10 different
values (1 to 10). I set boost for that field like following:

viewPriority:1^10
viewPriority:2^9
viewPriority:10^1

Unfortunately, search engine is not always retrieving results properly sorted. For some queries
it is OK, but for some it isn't.

Is this some kind of bug? Does anybody have similiar expirience? If somebody knows how to
overcome this problem I would appriciate help.