lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Why Hits is not serializable?
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:58:44 GMT
On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 09:05  PM, Marco Tedone wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering why Hits is not serializable?

Hits is really a collection of pointers back to the documents, not a
standalone collection.

> Which is your standard way to pass the matching documents between
> different
> context?

Have a look at ejindex: http://ejindex.sourceforge.net/

Also, have a look at the built-in RemoteSearchable class.  You could
use it to search over RMI.

> For now, I'm going to create a Serializable object (a String[] or a
> Collection) but I'm remaining for your reply.

But the quickest/easiest way that I've used before is to extract all
the documents from the hits and wrap it up as a Map and send it back.

	Erik