lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Clas Rydergren" <cl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Modify the StandardAnalyzer
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:23:48 GMT
Hi,

I have been experimenting with Lucene for a few hours, and now I'm looking
for a solution to this:

When using the SimpleAnalyzer for indexing text, data like www.hotmail.com
seem to be indexed as www, hotmail and com which mean that a search for
"hotmail" will return a record. This is the behavior I am looking for!
However, since SimpleAnalyzer do not index numbers by default, I would like
to use the StandardAnalyzer. But, Standardanalyzer do not split the input
stream at ".".

Ideally I should propably make my own analyser, but that seems to be a bit
complicated to me :(. Which is the simplest possible modification that I
need to make to the Lucene source to make the StandardAnalyzer split, for
example web-addresses, at "." into separately indexed words?

Can this be made by modifications to the StandardTokenizer.jj? How? What is
the easiest way of getting such modification into the "compiled" Lucene? Is
there a need for recompiling everything?

Appreciate all help!

regards
clas