lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Campbell" <becamp...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Keyword search with space and wildcard
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 15:04:54 GMT
Great.  Is there an example anywhere on how I might be able to build such a
Query?  QueryParser isn't really all that simple since it's built with
JavaCC.

What might be ideal for me is if I can continue to use the highlevel
interface to build the main query (ie use it to parse my query string and
return me some kind of Query - BooleanQuery, TermQuery, etc) and then build
a WildcardQuery by hand and "combine" the two together?  For example, is it
as simple as calling Query.combine() to combine the two?  Is there a better
way?  Is there a documented example like this?  Thanks!

-Brian

>This can be done, AFAIK.
>
>This is one thing that many people seem unaware of: you don't HAVE to use
>QueryParser to build queries. In your case it seems like you should be able
>to construct query you want if you either by-pass QueryParser, or create
>a dummy analyzer (one that does no tokenization but returns all input as
>one token).

Enter for your chance to IM with Bon Jovi, Seal, Bow Wow, or Mary J Blige
using MSN Messenger http://entertainment.msn.com/imastar